SVHISTORY

These are just a few images from Scotts Valley's past. Hopefully, more of our historical images can be located and be contributed to this collection.

Click on the thumbnail to view the image in full size. Click on the BACK button in your browser to return to this list.


George Edwin Scott House
The George Edwin Scott House was built circa 1865. The house was located on Glenwood Drive adjacent to the new Scotts Valley High School site. The Scotts Valley Fire Department burned the building in the mid-1960s as a test exercise.

Wagner, Anderson, & Ziegler Tannery
This is an artist's rendition of the Paul Sweet Tannery, also known as the Wagner, Anderson & Ziegler Tannery. The building was located on Mt. Hermon Road near the present-day 7-11 store.

This rendering was drawn by Agnes Knox Lewis.

For more information on the Tannery, click here.

William Thomson/Frapwell House
Thomson-Frapwell home, built in 1892 by William Thomson. It was torn down in 1966, but the palm trees remained at the location until the Travel Trails RV center was built.

Courtesy of the Ruby Strong Collection.

William Thomson/Frapwell House
Thomson-Frapwell home, built in 1892 by William Thomson. It was torn down in 1966, but the palm trees remained at the location until the Travel Trails RV center was built.

Courtesy of the Ruby Strong Collection.

First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page